Skip to main content

Joint Doctoral Programs (JDP) Applicant Questions

Once you have officially applied to and been accepted to San Diego State University (SDSU), please visit the University of California San Diego’s (UC San Diego’s) graduate application website to formally apply to your Joint Doctoral Program (JDP) of interest at UC San Diego (please note this is a different application than the one you completed for SDSU). This is a required step for JDP applicants, as those who are interested in a joint doctoral program must also officially apply to UC San Diego in order to be fully considered for admission. 


Please do not apply to UC San Diego until SDSU explicitly states you have been accepted to your JDP program of interest AND you have decided to accept the offer of admission from SDSU. 


If you have any questions regarding your UC San Diego application, please reach out to your program’s point of contact at UC San Diego directly.

Do I need to submit official documents on my UC San Diego application?

JDP applicants are not required to submit official documents (e.g. transcripts, letters of recommendation) as a part of their UC San Diego application. SDSU will send these documents directly to our office once you have applied to both campuses.

Am I required to send my test scores to both UC San Diego and SDSU?

Those who are required to submit GRE and TOEFL scores must have them sent to both universities.

Contact Education Testing Services (ETS) and request that your scores be sent to UC San Diego electronically at institution code 4836 and SDSU at institution code 4682. Further information about the GRE and TOEFL, is available on the ETS website. 

I am a JDP applicant who obtained their degree at an international institution. Am I required to submit WES Course-by-Course Evaluations?

UC San Diego does not require JDP applicants to submit WES evaluations, as JDP applicants are not required submit their documents to UC San Diego. SDSU will send all required material directly to our office on your behalf.