Skip to main content

Academic Records & Transcripts

By the time enrollment begins, successful applicants must hold a bachelor's degree or the equivalent from an accredited institution in the United States or from a recognized university-level academic institution abroad. Completed coursework for both domestic and international applicants must demonstrate the equivalent of at least a B average in the United States.

During Application Process

For application review purposes only, scan and upload copies of transcripts for all institutions attended after high school graduation. Please upload both the front and back sides of the transcript, even if the back side is blank. 

Uploaded transcripts should be recent and include the details listed below. If a transcript is not available, please upload a statement explaining the circumstances.

  • Your name
  • Institution name
  • Dates of attendance
  • Grades/marks received
  • Credits
  • Grading legend
  • Degree conferral, if applicable
Do not mail hard copies until you have been admitted. 


After Admission Decision

Upon provisional admission to UC San Diego, official documents will be required to finalize your admission and must be submitted to the Graduate Admissions office.  Official documents may include: final undergraduate transcript showing degree(s) awarded, final graduate transcript showing degree(s) awarded if applicable, post graduate academic records, evaluations, mark sheets, diplomas, certificates, and translations. 

Submitted records become the property of the University, and we cannot return them to you. Certified electronic transcripts sent directly to Graduate Admissions from the issuing institution are also accepted.

If your institution uses Parchment services to deliver e-transcripts, you may request your document to be sent to "University of California - San Diego Grad Admissions". If your institution does not use Parchment services for e-transcripts, you will need to create an account with to have your official documents sent to UC San Diego.

Official transcripts must be delivered in a sealed envelope from the administering institution or service. Documents will not be accepted if opened or sealed by the student. If your academic record cannot be replaced, obtain a properly certified copy. 

If you are not able to obtain an e-transcript from your institution, please have all mailed documents sent to the following address:

University of California, San Diego
Graduate Division - Graduate Admissions
9500 Gilman Drive #0003
La Jolla, California 92093-0003

Applicants with academic work in progress who expect to complete a degree program before the intended date of enrollment at UC San Diego, must provide evidence of degree conferral and a final academic transcript as soon as they are available.