UC San Diego SearchMenu

Transferring Credit

  • No more than one-half the total units required for a master's degree may be transferred.
  • A student may petition to transfer courses completed while in Graduate Standing at another UC campus (including UCSD Extension) for up to one half of total UCSD master's degree unit requirement (TEP: 10 units from another UC campus or UCSD Extension), a maximum of eight quarter units of work completed while in Graduate Standing at an institution other than UC may be transferred (including TEP). In any case, no more than a total of one half of the units required for the master's degree may be transfer units.
  • Eligible course work may not have been used to fulfill the requirements of any other degree, and must have been completed with a B- or better grade and must have been taken prior to enrollment as a graduate student at UCSD.
  • A Student must submit proof that the course work to be transferred was not used to satisfy requirements for any other degree program. Degree checks or a letter from the institution from which the courses are being transferred will be required stating the courses were not used toward another degree.
  • Official transcripts of transfer course work must accompany the petition OR be on file at Graduate Division.
  • Under no circumstances will transferred work be included in calculating a student's GPA nor will it appear by class on the transcript.