Graduate Diversity Coordinators
UC San Diego Graduate Diversity Coordinators are department and program representatives within the UCSD community that are committed to recruiting diverse students. The Diversity Coordinators work to ensure that an equitable approach is followed within their respective departments/programs via the department Chairs and Admission Committees.
Their responsibilities include, but aren't limited, to the following:
- Review program admissions procedures to ensure that the process is inclusive and does not exclude qualified students from underrepresented groups. Identify and distribute information about diversity funding opportunities and programs.
- Expand graduate student and faculty involvement in diversity outreach efforts to meet the expectations of these grants and the diversity goals of the campus.
- Encourage and facilitate graduate student, faculty and staff participation in the Diversity Outreach Collaboration Program to diversify the graduate applicant pool.
- Support graduate students and faculty members in identifying possible extramural funding sources and ensure that proposals requiring diversity outreach efforts have well crafted components that fully represent campus and department diversity efforts.
- Promote retention efforts for continuing graduate students. Work with student services programs and the campus community centers to facilitate networking, mentoring, skill building, grant writing, and other activities to promote a climate that is supportive of diversity.
- Promote diversity in postdoctoral positions and develop outreach strategies to ensure a diverse applicant pool.
- Encourage graduate students from underrepresented groups to consider academic careers and postdoctoral positions.
Diversity Coordinator Directory:
Chemistry and Biochemistry
Computer Science and Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Family Medicine and Public Health
Jacobs School of Engineering
Latin American Studies
Materials Science and Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Medical Scientist Training Program
Rady School of Management
School of International Relations & Pacific Studies
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Temporal Dynamics of Learning Center
Theatre and Dance