UC San Diego SearchMenu

Academic Records and Transcripts

For application review purposes (only), scan and upload copies of transcripts for all institutions attended after high school graduation.* In the online application, you will be prompted to upload a PDF of your scanned documents. Please upload both the front and back sides of the transcript, even if the back side is blank. Uploaded transcripts should be recent and include the following: your name, the institution name, dates of attendance, grades/marks received, credits, and grading legend.  If a transcript is not available, please upload a statement explaining the circumstances.

*Do not mail hard copies until provisionally admitted

Upon provisional admission to UC San Diego: Official transcripts from all institutions attended after high school will be required to finalize your admission and must be submitted to the Graduate Admissions office. Official records including transcripts, evaluations, mark sheets, diplomas, certificates, translations, and study abroad work must be delivered in a sealed envelope from the administering institution or service. Documents will not be accepted if opened or sealed by the student. Certified electronic transcripts sent directly to Graduate Admissions from the issuing institution are also accepted.  Electronic transcripts should be sent to gradadmissions@ucsd.edu.

If your academic record cannot be replaced, obtain a properly certified copy. Keep the original for yourself.  Do not send a document that cannot be replaced; submitted records become the property of the University, and we cannot return them to you.

Applicants with academic work in progress who expect to complete a degree program before the intended date of enrollment at UC San Diego, must provide evidence of degree conferral and a final academic transcript as soon as they are available.

By the time enrollment begins, successful applicants must hold a bachelor's degree or the equivalent from an accredited institution in the United States or from a recognized university-level academic institution abroad. Completed coursework for both domestic and international applicants must demonstrate the equivalent of at least a B average in the United StatesSome exceptional applicants with lower GPAs may be recommended for admission. Contact your department of interest for more information.

International applicants click here for requirements.