UC San Diego SearchMenu

Transcript Questions

Can I upload unofficial transcripts to the application?

Yes. You may upload your most recent unofficial transcripts for application review purposes.

Official copies of final transcripts are only required if you are offered and accepted admission.

Do I need to upload the final transcript before the application deadline?

No, many applicants still have classes in progress at the time of the application deadline. Upload your most recent transcript(s) to your application. If admitted, you will be required to provide official copies of your final transcripts.

When do I send my official transcripts?

We do not require official copies of transcripts until after you have been offered and have accepted admission. For application review purposes, scanned and uploaded copies of transcripts are acceptable.

What is the minimum GPA for admission to graduate study at UC San Diego?

A minimum scholastic average of B or 3.0 GPA (or its equivalent) is required for course work completed in the final two years of undergraduate study and any post baccalaureate study.

Provisionally admitted students with academic work in progress are expected to continue to maintain a 3.0 or better GPA after admission. Admission may be rescinded if the final GPA drops below 3.0.

Does UC San Diego accept transcript evaluations?

ICAP evaluations from WES (World Education Services) are accepted. Please note that if you are admitted and the evaluation you provided was completed before the conferral of your degree, you will be required to submit either an updated evaluation from WES or official copies of the final transcripts and degree certificates, if applicable.  Evaluations by WES are not acceptable in place of English translations of foreign transcripts.

Does UC San Diego require international applicants to have their transcripts evaluated?

No, UC San Diego performs its own evaluation and does not accept those performed by evaluation agencies.  Likewise, UC San Diego does not accept evaluation reports as the official English translation of foreign academic records.  However, ICAP documents from WES (World Education Services) can be accepted in place of official transcripts and degree certificates.

How do I submit my documents if I earned a degree from an Institution in China?

For application review purposes, scan and upload copies of transcripts.  You do not need to have your documents verified by the China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC). 

ADMITTED students who have earned degrees from universities in China do not need to provide to the Office of Graduate Admissions official copies of transcripts and degree certificates for final admission.  Instead, these students must submit verification reports in English from the China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC).

CDGDC Verification Report of Final Transcript (in English) - Submit transcripts in English to the CDGDC, for verification of authenticity. The verification report and transcripts must be in English.

CDGDC Verification Report of Certificate (in English) - Submit the government-issued degree certificates in Chinese to the CDGDC, for verification of authenticity. The verification report must be in English.

All verification reports must be received by UC San Diego directly from the CDGDC in order to be considered official. 

Do not request your verification report from the CDGDC until your degree has been awarded. 

Verification reports should only be sent after accepting an offer of admission. 

Please note that CDGDC verification is only required when a degree was earned at a Chinese institution.  It is not necessary for transfer work or study abroad done in China.  If you have transfer work from or did study abroad at a Chinese institution, you will need to submit transcripts directly from the institution upon admission.

China Qualification Verification from the CDGDC

Chinese: http://cqv.chinadegrees.cn/cn/

English: http://www.chinadegrees.cn/en/

How can I check to see if my transcript has been received?

Transcripts are processed within 10 business days of receipt. You can check on the status of your documents by logging onto https://gradapply.ucsd.edu/.